When you build a home from scratch, you have no limits in creating the perfect kitchen. All you need is a blueprint to visualize the layout and design, a plan, and a budget. The budgeting process is more complicated than you probably think, incorporating research into design options, materials, and products, as well as estimates from kitchen contractors. Home builders in Calgary can help in many ways, but here are a few ideas for building the perfect kitchen.
Top Kitchen Trends
Selecting design elements is a major step. Some of the most popular choices seen in, for example, houses for sale in Calgary SW are:
- Stainless Steel Appliances: Matching pretty much anything, stainless steel refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, etc. are easy to coordinate. It’s easier to pick toasters, blenders, and even sinks and faucets made of stainless steel to go with your appliances. They’re also easier to clean, they resist germs, and they last a long time.
- Granite Countertops: Every countertop is different, as granite contains various combinations of minerals, with no two pieces being the same. The color never fades. Non-porous and sanitary, granite can be sealed to resist stains. It’s a great way to add depth and character. Quartz is another bacteria-resistant, hard material people use for countertops.
- Open Floorplans: An open concept combining living and dining space has been popular for a while and is often a selling point when agents show homes in Cochrane. It increases living space, especially in smaller apartments. Benefits include increased natural light from windows and an ability to converse with people in different rooms. Entertaining guests is easier as you can prepare food while interacting with others.
Kitchen Design Options
Islands are popular and yield maximum workspace; they add room to eat as well. Some even integrate garbage cabinets, dishwashers, and cupboards. As far as cabinetry, there are many options new condo builders in Calgary are familiar with. Custom cabinets enable you to configure them for the available space and your needs. Even fit them in a corner or between windows. Cabinet styles range from all wood to open shelving that makes your pots and pans, and other essentials, always visible.
Other design elements you can budget for include:
- Deep Sinks: A sink 10 inches deep or more can be easier to use, compared to the traditional 8-inch sink,1 and more suited for cleaning larger pots.
- Touch Faucets: A touch-activated faucet, aside from being available in many styles, lets you turn the water on if your hands are full; when your hands are messy, just tap it with your elbow to get a rinse.
- Hidden Range Hoods: If you’re building a home in a new community in Calgary, here’s one option that lends itself to design flexibility. Hide the range hood in custom cabinetry so other design elements can shine.
- Slab Backsplash: Whether you have a granite or quartz counter, add a backsplash of the same material, further contributing to the style and beauty of your kitchen.
These are just a few ideas for dream kitchen designs. If you are building a new home in the Redstone community or in the market for Calgary, Canada houses for sale, you can depend on Genesis Builders Group. Front attached, laned, side by side, and townhomes are available now in Calgary and Airdrie. View our online resources, fill out our registration form, or call us at 403-265-8079 for help today!