How You Buy
We know that buying a new home is very exciting, but can be overwhelming, too – especially for a first-time homebuyer. To help answer some of the questions you might have, Genesis has put together answers to frequently asked questions about the buying process itself. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions you might have.
What To Consider Before Buying A New Home?
Here’s a checklist of things to consider while choosing a home in a new subdivision:
- Location – How long will it take to get to work? Are there schools and daycare services nearby? How far is it from shopping and other services? How close are you to medical and emergency facilities, parks, playgrounds and recreation areas?
- Community – What will the neighbourhood look like when completed? What are the architectural controls for the neighbourhood? What kind of development is planned for the surrounding areas?
- Emergency Services – How close is the nearest Police Station and Fire House? How quickly can they respond?
- Transit – How close are you to public transit – light rail and bus transportation? Are there bike and walking paths?
What Are The Advantages Of Owning A New Home?
The best thing about buying a new home is that it’s new. Whether it’s the layout or the construction materials, features or finishes, electrical and mechanical system, everything in a new home is to code and up to date. As a new home buyer this means less stress and more enjoyment. Take a look at the many benefits a new home offers:
- Contemporary Design – Newly-built homes are a perfect blend of function and style. Most new homes offer open-concept living, oversized kitchens, walk in closets, mudrooms and all other modern amenities to complement your lifestyle. With their flexible layouts, they are by default much brighter than older homes.
- Peace of Mind – All new homes come with a warranty from the builder. Genesis stands behind our work and offers a comprehensive home inspection program to rectify any problems that may arise. This is followed by a warranty from Travelers Insurance. This warranty covers one year defects in materials and labour and two years defects in materials and labour for: gas electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. The insurance also covers Five years building envelope and ten years structural defect warranty.
- Energy Savings – New homes are far more energy efficient than older homes. All new homes use energy efficient products from construction materials to heating systems, and therefore save money and help the environment.
- Healthier – Most new homes have little to no toxic materials used in the manufacturing process, which translates into better air quality.
- Less Maintenance: New homes require only the basic care to keep them looking new. Since the home is new, repairs and replacements will be less frequent.
- Safe – New homes are constructed to the latest building codes and come kitted with smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, safety glass, electrical circuit protectors, and other features to ensure your safety.