Home decor trends to look for in 2018
For those of us who follow home design trends, the start of the new year marks an exciting time—predictions for 2018!
According to the experts we spoke with, overarching themes of maximalism, flexibility, self-care, 1970s and ’80s redux and educated consumerism will shape our homes and influence our daily lives in the months to come. [Los Angeles Times]
For a forecasted look at what design trends will be making their way into our homes this year, here are the best ideas we dug up:
- Intricate, coloured bowls: bowls have become the staple of kitchen design and food design, with many major home decor companies selling intricate and colourful bowls. Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
- Maximalism: minimalism was 2017, but now it’s all about more. More texture, more colour, more patterns and more eclectic styles will make waves this year. Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
- Brightly coloured accent furniture: think bold sofas and loud ottomans. A big splash of colour can bring your eyes to the focal point of a room. Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
- Statement ceilings: look up, way up for a bold trend this year. Imagine wild wallpaper or paint that pops right on the ceiling. Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
- Florals: flowers and floral prints are sticking around for this year, which is no surprise to anyone who has been shopping lately! Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
- Spa-inspired: rooms will start to take on a relaxing feel, with elements and design qualities you may see in a spa. Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
- House plants: greenery and house plants will be more prevalent than any other home design piece this year. The more, the better. Check out this trend on Pinterest here.
Which trend are you most excited to try this year? Let us know on social media!