Summer is in full swing, and for residents of the northeast community of Saddlestone, there’s a lot of fun and family-friendly ways to take in the season to its full extent. If you’re looking for a way to keep the kids busy, enjoy the outdoors or spend your weekends, here’s a roundup of five (and more) ways to enjoy summer in Saddlestone, a Genesis Builders community.
- Enjoy the walkability and green spaces: we built Saddlestone on a fused-grid design, one that earned us a spot in Canadian Geographic, for its promotion of pedestrian-, environmental and family-friendly atmosphere. There’s plenty of green space, bikeways and walking paths making the outdoors easier to access and walking or cycling around even easier.
- Two-for-one admission for kids at Genesis Centre: we are proud to be the naming partner for Genesis Centre, a 225,000 square foot recreation and wellness facility just minutes from Saddlestone. From now until August 31, kids ages six to 17 can enjoy two-for-one admission into the facility, just $8!
- Cool down at Prairie Winds: the funnest way to cool off this summer is at Prairie Winds Spray Park in the northeast, which offers a wading pool, spray park, playground, picnic areas and a lot more. Bring the family for the whole day!
- Take in a literary event at the Public Library: located at Genesis Centre is also the Saddletowne Calgary Public Library, where they not only have a great selection of books and resources, but a huge selection of upcoming events and programs for the summer.
- Take in swim, sport or sweat at the YMCA: in addition to the various programs offered for all-ages this summer at the Saddletowne YMCA (located in Genesis Centre as well), Saddlestone residents can enjoy the many amenities in this facility like swimming, rock climbing, fitness and a lot more.
- Take in some delicious cuisine: there are a number of highly-rated restaurants in and around the community of Saddlestone, offering a wide selection of everything from sweet to savoury. Check out what’s nearby you and try something new.
- Visit our Saddlestone showhomes: Our showhomes in Saddlestone are built exclusively by Genesis Builders and offer everything you’d expect and more — like designer finishes, double car garage and landscaped front yard. Home models range from 1314 square-feet to 2723 square-feet, so you’ll be able to find the floorplan that fits your lifestyle.
Our Saddlestone showhomes are located at 51 Saddlelake Way NE, and they are open Monday to Thursday from 2 pm to 8 pm; Fridays by appointment and Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 12 pm to 5 pm. More information on the community of Saddlestone, and our homes available there, can be found here. Also, be sure to check out Ashbury, another part of the phase seven of Saddlestone, featuring townhomes.