April Construction Update: The Gardens
A lot of work has been done in the past month on the buildings in The Gardens of Saddlestone, and if you’re awaiting the completion of your new home there, you’re going to be excited! At this point, the progress is easily visible on both the interior and exterior of the buildings, and many of the units are entering the final phases of development.
Units: 9, 13, 17, 21, 25
Saddlelake Alley NE
- These units are really starting to look like homes since the kitchens have been installed during the past month. Currently, construction crews are working on pouring slabs in the garages. A slab is industry jargon for an area of concrete, so the garages are in the midst of getting their foundation put in at this point (80% completed).
- The next step in the development for these units, following the garage concrete pouring, will be for the flooring to be installed.
Units: 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
Saddlelake Mews NE
- These units are 90% complete in the final phase of development! The final touches are being completed on the homes: flooring, lighting, lockouts, heating and plumbing.
- Once the final touches are completed, crews will be in ‘quality control week’, which is the period of time when everything is tested to ensure all aspects of the homes are in proper working order.
Units: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20
Saddlelake Mews NE
- This building is 65% complete in the electrical rough-in stage of development, which means crews are in phase three of the five phases of home development (learn more here).
- Following the completion of the electrical on these units, our crews will be going through the city inspection phase as well as the insulation phase. After this, we’ll be moving into the final two phases of development on this building.
Not sure about some of the home building jargon we use in these updates? Check out our Construction Glossary for a list of terminology. We’ll be posting monthly construction updates, and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates as well. And if you have any questions about your new home, please feel free to contact us.