August is Festival Month in Calgary
August has officially arrived and so has the festivals! This month is full of local festivals from music to food and everything between. If you’re looking to check out the best our city has to offer, here’s a list of festivals happening in August in Calgary:
- Taste of Calgary: sample some of Calgary’s best local cuisine from hundreds of restaurants over four days at Eau Claire (200 Barclay Parade SW). Happening August 10 – 13, admission is free and sampling tickets are $1, more information here.
- Calgary Vegetarian Food Festival: a chance to try some of the best vegetarian and vegan dishes in Calgary at this one-day festival in Bowness (7904 43 Avenue NW). Happening August 26, free admission, more information here.
- Calgary Fringe Festival: a collection of uncensored, non-juried theatre performances happening all around the city. Happening August 4 to 12 at various theatres, admission varies, more information here.
- Inglewood Sunfest: check out the best of Inglewood at this day-long street festival in Inglewood on 9th Avenue SE. Happening August 5, admission is free, more information here.
- Marda Gras: Marda Loop’s version of Mardi Gras, featuring live music and entertainment, family activities and lots of food and shopping. Happening August 13 on 33 Avenue SW, admission is free, more information here.
- Globalfest: celebrate the best of global cultures through amazing fireworks displays over this festival at Elliston Park (1827 68 Street SE). Happening August 15 – 26, admission varies, more information here.
- Expo Latino: this four day festival is all about Latin culture, with live music, dancing and lots of food. Happening at Prince’s Island Park (698 Eau Claire Avenue SW). Happening August 18 – 20, free admission, more information here.
- Calgary International Blues Festival: experience a week of outdoor blues music at this annual music favourite at Shaw Millennium Park. Happening July 31 to August 6, admission varies, more information here.
- Pride Festival: the 27th anniversary of Pride Calgary takes place at Prince’s Island Park (698 Eau Claire Ave SW). Happening August 25 to September 4, admission is free, more information here.
- YYC Taste the Trucks: taste the best of over 20 Calgary food trucks with live music over this weekend event at River Walk Plaza in the East Village. Happening August 18 to 20, admission is $5, more information here.
Enjoy all of the great local events happening this month in Calgary and happy August!