Smart Home Tech: Nest Thermometers
Smart home technology isn’t just a trend that’s sweeping the housing industry, it’s also a movement that is helping homeowners live a little greener, and keep more green in their wallets too. At Genesis, we strive to incorporate eco-friendly innovations into our homes, and that’s a big reason why all of our newest communities and homes come with NEST Thermostats.
If you’re unfamiliar with NEST Thermostats, here’s just some of the reasons we love this eco-friendly tech product:
- Keeping your home in check: The Nest Thermostat is just one part of your heating and cooling system. But it can keep an eye on the rest of it. You’ll get an alert on your phone if there’s something wrong – like temperatures are so low your pipes could burst. And if it looks like your furnace is acting up, the Nest Thermostat will send you an alert.
- Built for your needs specifically: NEST Thermostats learn what temperature you like and builds a schedule around yours, in as little as one week, it will have your custom schedule figured out.
- Saves you money and a ton of energy: Since 2011, the Nest Thermostat has saved over 4 billion kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide. Independent studies showed that NEST Thermostats saved people an average of 10-12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills. The 3rd gen Nest Learning Thermostat shows you how much energy you use every day in Energy History and every month in your Home Report. So you can see when you use more energy, like on weekends or Monday nights, and how to use less.
- You can control NEST with your smartphone: the NEST App lets you control your thermostat from anywhere, you can see how much energy you use every day and learn ways to use less energy.
- Benefits of constant support: if you ever need help with your NEST Thermostat, this innovative company keeps things accessible and easy for their users, with online support.
Genesis includes a NEST Thermostat as a standard feature in our new homes in the following communities:
- Bayside Pier 11, in Airdrie: laned and attached front garage homes, like the ‘Ambassador’. More information on Pier 11 of Airdrie can be found online here.
- Newport in Canals Landing, Airdrie: in all three townhome designs—Courtyard, Park or Urban. More information on Newport of Canals Landing in Airdrie can be found online here.
- Saddlestone in Calgary: in both single-family and side-by-side homes, like the ‘Arden’. More information on Saddlestone in Calgary can be found online here.
- Ashbury in Saddlestone of Calgary: in all of our new multi-family townhomes. More information on Ashbury in Saddlestone of Calgary can be found online here.
- EvansRidge of Calgary: in Phase 8 of our EvansRidge development in Calgary. More information on EvansRidge can be found online here.
If you want to learn more about the innovative NEST Thermostat, you can find information on their website. If you have questions about our home designs or the features that come with them, you can find out more on our website, or reach out on Twitter.