Top 10 Spring Cleaning Tasks to Tackle Now
It may not feel like it, but winter has finally moved on and we are officially in Spring season! For many people, this marks a great opportunity to give your home a deep clean. If you are looking for some cleaning tasks to tackle in the next while, here are the top 10 tasks to take on.
- Doormats: a place that often gets overlooked and needs a lot of love. Outdoor mats should be hosed off and air-dried and indoor mats can be vacuumed on both sides.
- Windows: now is a great time to clean the window panes and take care of the window covers as well. Whether it’s dusting, washing or a mixture, follow the instructions for your window covering material.
- Microwave: if it’s been a while since you cleaned the inside of your microwave, fill a microwave-safe bowl with water and lemon (or vinegar). Turn the microwave on high for several minutes and when the sides of the appliances are steamy, wipe away with a cloth or paper towel.
- Fridge: take some time to really clean out your refrigerator. Take out the shelves and bins and get every nook and cranny.
- Oven: this one is easy because most appliances have a built-in self-cleaning function. Just turn it on and walk away!
- Stainless steel surfaces: gas range, fridge or wherever you have stainless steel in the kitchen. If you don’t have a dedicated stainless steel cleaning solution, you can use detergent and a microfiber cloth.
- The junk drawer: today is the day you stop ignoring it. Take on that clutter once and for all!
- Makeup: take some time to throw out any expired makeup, skincare or haircare products. You might be surprised how much extra room you have in bathroom storage!
- Furniture: pull your furniture away from walls and take the time to thoroughly clean all the cushions and underneath the items.
- Bookshelves and other shelving units: it can seem like a big task if you keep a lot of items on your shelves, but a lot of dust and grime can be hiding here. Take the time to clean it out.
It’s a good idea to give your home a deep-clean once a month, but tasks like the one above can be done quarterly (unless more is required). Happy cleaning!