10 of the Many Benefits of Buying a New Home
Today is Housing Day in Canada, and if you’re looking at taking advantage of the favourable buying conditions in Calgary and Airdrie right now (like the low mortgage rates and home prices), opting for a brand new build presents a number of benefits. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or seasoned homeowner, here’s just 10 of the many advantages to buying new.
- Getting what you want: besides having the ability to choose the home model that best suits your needs, you also have the opportunity to make upgrades to many of the features inside the home, so you’re moving into the exact home you desire.
- Quality design and construction: a lot of time and thought goes into the functionality and style of new homes, and the solid construction and attention to detail are the professional standard new homeowners are accustom to. New homes also use the most advanced building products and materials, ensuring long-term satisfaction and durability.
- Energy-efficiency: thanks to advances in construction and design, everything from the building materials to the heating systems are more energy-efficient, helping you save money (and the environment). You can also look forward to clean indoor air quality in a new home, as you won’t have to deal with any lingering odours or mould from past owners.
- Warranty: one of the best advantages to buying a brand new home, is the peace of mind that comes with a warranty. For example, at Genesis Land Corporation, we stand behind our work and offer an after-sale service program and warranty program.
- Financial planning: with new homes, you can plan your financial future with confidence. With everything in your home brand new, you’ll have no major repairs or replacements for years to come.
- Smarter technology: new homes come with the latest technology built right in so you don’t have to spend extra cash after you move in on upgrades. Alarm systems, cable wiring and smart technology like NEST™ thermostats (which all of our new homes come with).
- No repairs for years: one of the big financial benefits of buying new is that you will have little to no maintenance for years. Everything in your home will be new: plumbing, heating and appliances, most of which will be under warranty for several years.
- Safety: Modern construction standards and building codes ensure that homes are built using up-to-date materials and products and that every aspect of your home is designed to operate with the highest level of safety and effectiveness.
- Indoor air quality: Construction standards ensure that new homes are built with impeccable indoor air quality, which is important since 90% Canadians’ time is spent indoors.
To learn more about the new homes we have available or the way we build, check us out online.