5 courses to check out this golf season
It’s time to dust off your clubs and hit the driving range, Calgary; golf season is upon us. Many courses in Calgary are now open and there is no better time to get out and enjoy the nice spring weather. If you’re unsure where to try next, here are five recommendations that are definitely a hole in one:
- The Hamptons Golf Course, founded in the 1990s, boasts 6869 yards of gorgeous green fairways and perfectly manicured greens. The course prides itself on its ability to meet the demands of working people in Calgary. The large lakes, beautiful viewpoints and fluctuating elevation levels will make you catch your breath while also challenging your golf game. After you finish your round, head into the 37,000 square foot clubhouse for dinner or drinks. Located only 15 minutes away from the new Sage Meadows development, the Hamptons is exquisite.
- The Country Hills Golf Course is set on the stunning Sandstone Valley hillside in northwest Calgary, located only 12 minutes away from Sage Meadows. This club has two world-class courses that have been designed to challenge golfers of all skill levels. Here you’ll find that the course facilitates friendly competition and camaraderie amongst members with family values and outstanding food to boot. They have hosted the ATB Financial Classic four times now and will have it again this year. The course has also hosted the PGA of Canada Championship, the Calgary Flames Charity Golf Classic and the Canadian Junior Championship. So, if you’d like to see how you stack up against the pros or perhaps your favourite hockey player, this is the course for you.
- Built in 2006, the Silverwing Golf Course offers 27 holes and five different tee decks so that it is accessible to all golfers. Located near the airport and only 13 minutes from Saddlestone, their 350-yard driving range stocked full of targets and yardage markers is the perfect place to practice your swing before taking off on your favourite nine.
- Located in Airdrie and only five minutes from Bayside Estates, the Woodside Golf Course is a must if you’re looking for a memorable golf experience. This course was built in 1989 and was designed by renowned Canadian golf course architect William G. Robinson and has been going strong ever since. Enjoy a round at Woodside to make memories with friends and family that will make you laugh and look back on your time at the course fondly.
- Found only 12 minutes north of Bayside Estates, The Apple Creek Golf Course forces you to think twice about your next shot. Designed to challenge all skill levels of golfers, the gorgeous landscape and exceptionally manicured greens will only add to your experience at this beautiful location. With unique holes and a gorgeous 2300 square foot clubhouse, Apple Creek needs to be on the top of your list for 2019.
Now that you know where you’re going, it’s time to hit the links and work on your swing. The season in Calgary is short, so don’t miss out on these five spectacular courses!