8 Things To Do On Canada Day In Calgary
Canada’s 147th birthday is coming up on Tuesday, and to celebrate Canada Day, the City of Calgary and other local organizations have lots of events planned for Calgarians to enjoy. Last year due to the flood, the City’s annual Canada Day celebration was moved from Prince’s Island Park, but will be returning there this year.
Here’s ten great Canada Day events for Calgarians to enjoy on the holiday Tuesday:
- Food Truck Roundup: all of your favourite food trucks will be serving up their best cuisine at Festival Market in Eau Claire. Be sure to bring your appetite and some cash to feast on all the great food.
Where: between YMCA and Eau Claire Market
When: 5 pm to 11 pm
- Fireworks: a Canada Day favourite — enjoy world-class fireworks synchronized to live music. Enjoy the show from anywhere you have a good view.
Where: Centre Street Bridge
When: 10:45 pm
- Stephen Avenue Art Walk: enjoy a walk down Stephen Avenue with live music, artisans, vendors, patios and buskers, supporting Canadian Artists for the Poor.
Where: Stephen Avenue
When: 11 am to 4 pm
- East Village Street Fair: Enjoy live music and entertainers alongside vendors, featuring he children’s area and the annual Show & Shine (featuring vintage vehicles).
Where: East Village
When: 9 am to 4 pm
- Living Canada Flag: show your Canadian pride and be part of a living flag! The first 3,000 people to check-in are invited to receive free red or white t-shirts to be part of this patriotic activity.
Where: Riverfront Avenue SE
When: 4 pm to 6 pm
- Live Music at the Riverfront Stage: enjoy a free live concert with some incredible Canadian bands: Mother Mother, Ridley Bent, Michael Bernard Fitzgerald and Scarlett Jane.
Where: Harry Hays Building (facing Bow River, Riverfront Stage)
When: 6 pm to 11 pm
- Fort Calgary Fun: Enjoy a pancake breakfast and all-day children’s entertainment: crafts, bouncy castles, pony rides and a petting zoo. Live local bands will also be featured throughout the afternoon.
Where: Fort Calgary
When: 9 am to 4 pm
- Heritage Park 50th Birthday: not only is Tuesday Canada’s birthday, it’s also Heritage Park’s 50th birthday. Begin the day with free pancake breakfast for the first 2,014 guests, throughout the day enjoy games, live music and fireworks later on.
Where: Heritage Park
When: 10 am to 11 pm
Find out more about Canada Day celebrations in Calgary on the City of Calgary website, and have a safe and happy Canada Day!