Beat the heat with these outdoor Calgary pools
With temperatures hitting mid to high 20s every day now, it’s officially pool season in Calgary. There’s no better way to beat the heat than taking a quick dip in one of the many outdoor pools Calgary has to offer. Enjoy the beautiful sunshine and fresh air while keeping cool and having fun with your friends and family. Here’s a list of local Calgary pools that you may want to check out the next time that thermometer hits 30 degrees.
- The Bowview Outdoor Pool, located at 1910 6 Ave NW, offers two pools that are heated, filtered and sanitized. The main pool is a six lane 25-meter lap pool running from 1.0 metre at its shallowest point up to 3.05 meters in the deep end with a 1.8 meter on-deck waterslide. The wading pool is 0.45 meters deep and has a mushroom waterfall. Here you’ll find changerooms for men and women, coin operated lockers and temperature-controlled showers. The Bowview Outdoor Pool also offers swimming lessons Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12:30pm.
- Find the Forest Lawn Outdoor Pool at 1706 39 St SE open every day from 12-7pm. There are two pools at this location: an eight-lane main pool with a 1.8-meter waterslide and a 0.5 meters deep wading pool with a water spray ring and five floor spray nozzles. This summer, they will be offering a program called Calgary Learns to Swim. It will offer swimming lessons and lunch every Tuesday and Thursday from 11am-12:30pm. While aimed at low-income households, the program will be open to everyone between the ages of 6-16.
- The Stanley Park Pool is located at 4100 1a ST SW right inside the park. It has eight 25-meter lanes, a 1.8-meter-high waterslide, a wading pool and spray deck. Here you’ll find changerooms with coin operated lockers, temperature-controlled showers and bathrooms.
You can find other outdoor pools in the city at:
- Millican-Ogden Outdoor Pool – 2094 69 Ave SE
- Mount Pleasant Outdoor Pool – 2310 6 St NW
- South Calgary Outdoor Pool – 3130 16 St SW
- Silver Springs Outdoor Pool – 5720 Silver Ridge Dr NW
All of these pools mentioned above have on-duty lifeguards and are heated, sanitized and filtered every day. The price of admission varies depending on age:
- Free for kids under 2.
- $1.75 for kids ages 2-6.
- $3.50 for kids ages 7-17.
- $7.00 for adults ages 18-64.
- $3.50 for seniors ages 65+.
- $15.75 for a family day pass.
With so many options and a warm forecast ahead, there is no better time to head on down to your nearest outdoor swimming pool to enjoy the sun and the water. Whether than means taking lessons, lane swimming or just hanging out in the wading pool, there is something here for everyone.