Events happening this week at the Festival of Lights
It’s perhaps the most wonderful time of the year: the 24thAnnual Festival of Lights in Airdrie is officially on! A family tradition to some and a beautiful display to all, this festival brings people in from the whole province, to walk through a gorgeous light display set up for one month of the year. Offering miniature train rides, large bonfires to cozy up and warm beverages to keep those hands warm, where else would you rather be this December? Check your schedule and see what night this month you can make it out to the festivities. Below we’ve listed what’s happening at the festival, so see which one strikes your fancy:
- On December 10th, don’t miss live entertainment from 6:30 – 7:30 pm and a visit with Santa from 7 – 8 pm. There will also be kids’ activities with Community Links running from 6 – 8 pm.
- On December 11th, enjoy the Star Bound Dance Company Christmas Performance running from 7 – 8 pm for a bit of jazzy entertainment.
- On December 13th, make sure to check out the Rocky View Suzuki Violin School playing from 6 – 7 pm, followed by the Muriel Clayton School Choir and Chimes Group from 7 – 8 pm.
- On December 14th, you can expect the Nose Creek Players from 6:30 – 7:30 pm, however, be on the lookout because the festival has some special guests this evening. Keep your eyes peeled for characters from The Christmas Heist and Alice in Wonderland as you stroll through the park.
- On December 15th, Kingdom City Music plays from 6 – 7 pm, followed by Ambition Performing Arts Inc. from 7 – 8 pm.
- On December 17th, the Airdrie Public Library will be hosting storytime from 6 – 6:45 pm followed by Santa’s visit from 7 – 8 pm. There will be kids’ activities running from 6 – 8 pm with Community Links as well.
- On December 19th, they have two exciting events happing. Anacrusis A’capella Roving Choir will be performing from 7 – 8 pm, and it’s also the Festival’s 8thAnnual Great Airdrie Train Race from 6 – 9 pm. Alberta Health Services EMS and Airdrie Fire will compete to sell the most train tickets in support of their two charities. Proceeds from the event will be designated to the two charities, and the winning team earns bragging rights for a whole year.
- On December 20th, check out the Ambition Performing Arts Inc. from 7 – 8 pm.
- On December 21st, the Star Bound Dance Company Christmas Performance will run from 6 – 7 pm and the Anacrusis A’capella Roving Choir will follow from 7 – 8 pm if you missed them both the first time.
- On December 22nd and 23rd, kids can enjoy activities with Community Links anywhere from 6 – 8 pm followed by a visit from the big man from 7 – 8 pm.
- On December 31st, don’t miss the New Year’s Eve Family Dance Party! Presented by Air 106.1 – Discover Airdrie, this event will run from 7 – 9 pm. Make sure to bring the whole family and head down to their heated tent for a family-friendly dance party. You can expect music, games, prizes and so much more.
Happy holidays Airdrie, and a happy new year!