Energy-efficiency in home building has advanced a lot over the years, and nowadays it’s the standard new home buyers can come to expect when home shopping. According to the Canadian Home Builders Association, thanks to advances in building techniques and products, homes built now use half the energy as ones built in the 1950s.
Energy-efficient homes are a smart investment: easy on the wallet and the environment. In addition to the regular eco-friendly building standards our homes incorporate, we put extra care into the green aspects of our brand new homes in Pier 11 of Airdrie. Here’s a sneak-peek at some of the energy-efficient features:
- Our Pier 11 homes are equipped with NEST thermostats, which turn down temperatures when you’re away and you can also control them from your smartphone (in addition to other green features).
- Low VOC paints and adhesives in our homes interiors.
- All our exterior wall insulation is formaldehyde-free, and R20 insulation in the attic and walls.
- The windows and exterior doors are complete with low expansion spray foam seal, so you can keep out those drafts and prevent energy from escaping.
- All of the windows in these homes, including the basement ones, are filled with Low E Argon gas.
- The furnaces are forced air 96% efficiency natural gas, with drip humidifiers.
- All of the shower heads, faucets and toilet tanks are energy-efficient and water-saving. In addition, there are pressure balance valves on all the showers and tub taps.
More about Pier 11 in Airdrie:
Nestled in the heart of Airdrie’s welcoming, family-friendly Bayside community, Pier 11 offers the serenity of the country alongside the conveniences of the city. With canals running through the neighbourhood, nature is a key part of everyday life here.
Airdrie continues to grow at a steady pace, with its range of amenities—from restaurants and boutiques to schools and parks—expanding endlessly. This unique blend of accessibility and tranquility, of natural beauty and vibrant culture, will be the reason people choose to live here—and the reason that they never want to leave.
Get a closer look at our homes in Pier 11 by taking a tour of some of our showhomes on Houzz. For more information on the community of Pier 11 in Airdrie, and to see quick possession homes, click here.