As 2017 arrives, interior design experts are already gearing up for the home decor trends that will be making waves this year. If you’re looking to give your home a refresh for the New Year, here’s what home design trends to look for in 2017.
- Boho-chic bedrooms: according to home design websites, the bohemian look is going to be popular for bedrooms this year. Getting this look is easy, just some colourful textiles and plants can do the trick. Need some inspiration? Here’s some boho-chic bedroom ideas on Pinterest.
- Faux fur: faux fur is making its comeback for 2017, mostly with the appearance of fuzzy blankets or single statement furniture. See what we mean with these Pinterest boards.
- All things green: Pantone’s colour of the year for 2017 is ‘greenery’, so all things green home decor are going to be popular in the coming year. Not sure how to incorporate this shade into your home design schemes? Here’s some ideas.
- Jewel tones: along with the green colours coming into the mix this coming year, jewel tones will also be making their mark, which also go nice with environmental-focused shades. The beautiful tones associated with these palettes allow for both bold and subtle design changes in 2017. See the amazing possibilities on these Pinterest boards.
- Marble tables: another popular design focus from past years that’s making a comeback in 2017 is marble tables. Marble has really been making its mark in the home decor world the past few years, but now with the rising popularity of tables, they can really make their mark. From big and bold to subtle and soft, here’s some marble tables on Pinterest.
- Terrariums: these have becoming more and more popular within the last year with terrariums being a popular DIY project choice, but now they are becoming statement pieces in homes too. From do-it-yourself options, to where to find these in stores, here’s some inspiration for terrariums.
After scouring the top home design and decor websites online, these were the top home decor trends for 2017 we found. However, there are thousands of ideas and predictions on trends you can browse for inspiration on Pinterest.