How to Celebrate Family Day This Year
A long weekend is upon us, because Monday, February 20th is Family Day, and that means spending time with the people you love.
If you’re looking for some fun and unique ways to celebrate Family Day, here’s what’s going on this weekend:
- Glow Downtown Winter Light Festival: this is a family-friendly interactive light festival happening at multiple locations downtown Calgary this weekend. More information on the festival here.
- Family Quest at Gasoline Alley Museum: this event is happening all weekend! Explore great drivers in history, try out the track or an obstacle course and much more. More information on this event here.
- YYC Hot Chocolate Fest: this month-long festival brings a number of local Calgary restaurants together to deliver some amazing hot chocolate creations. Try one of the delicious concoctions and vote for you favourites.
- Mobile adventure playground: these parks are put on periodically by the City of Calgary throughout the year, and on February 18th, the City is setting one up downtown. The parks allow children to play and create with loose and random materials. More information on the event and location are here.
- Family FISHtival at Bow Valley Station: on February 18th, learn the tips and tools you’ll need before heading out on your next fishing adventure. There are both outdoor and indoor activities to take part in, more information here.
- Safari Sunday brunch at the Calgary Zoo: taking place this Sunday, have a delicious brunch at the Calgary Zoo, right in the heart of Destination Africa. More information on pricing and menu are here.
- Family Day at the Military Museums: there’s a full day of activities and events happening on February 20th at the Military Museums. Schedule and information found online.
- Free recreation activities: the City of Calgary is offering free public skating and swimming at several locations on Family Day, February 20th. Details and schedules available online.
- Free family fun at Eau Claire Market: on Monday, February 20 head out to Eau Claire for free family-friendly activities like live entertainment, face painting and a magician. Information can be found online here.
- Family Day at Studio Bell: Studio Bell at the National Music Centre is opening its doors on February 20 for family-friendly fun like live music and actives for the kids. Information and schedule can be found online.
From the Genesis Builds family to yours, we wish you a happy Family Day long weekend!