How to celebrate Father’s Day in Calgary
Father’s Day is just around the corner and we know how tough it can be trying to plan the perfect day for your dad. Calgary is a diverse, bustling city that has something for absolutely everyone – if you’re willing to look. Here are a few ideas for you and your dad to celebrate together this year:
- Head to Spruce Meadows between June 12-16 to watch The Continental. This free event gives you the opportunity to watch world-class show jumping in a relaxed setting. Take the chance to wander the grounds and see everything Spruce Meadows has to offer.
- Crossiron Mills will be hosting the Royal Canadian Circus from June 14-23. Head over to see high flying acrobatics, feats of strength and other explosively fun entertainment. Tickets are $25/person.
- June 15 is the All Sports One Day This free day has 85 activities to try all over Calgary and Cochrane. There is everything from kayaking to baton twirling to combat archery. Get ready to try something new today!
- Century Downs Race Track will have standardbred racing on June 16. Head on down to see some of the best horse racing Calgary has to offer in a wonderful facility.
- What better way to show Dad how much you appreciate him thanRad Dad Day at Calaway Park. This fun-filled day is topped off with free admission for dads and granddads when accompanied by a kid.
- Heritage Park has been chosen as the location of the 2019 Essex Lease Financial Corporation Father’s Day Run & Walk. Funds raised will go towards helping the neonatal intensive care units at all five hospitals in Calgary.
- Telus Spark has a free day for all dads. You can enjoy a free barbeque, beer tasting, fun science experiments and Calgary’s largest outdoor playground: the Brainasium. It will be a great day for dad and the entire family.
- The Hangar Flight Museum has the eighth annual ‘Wings and Wheels’ Father’s Day weekend on June 15-16. There will be vintage aircraft for interior viewing, hot rods and helicopter rides for the best views of the city. Admissions for dads are free, and everyone else is $15 or less.
- Burwood Distillery has a Father’s Day brunch that boasts a delicious eggs benedict, tasty pork belly and, of course, mouth-watering cocktails.
- The Calgary Zoo is a resounding ‘yes’ for brunch. The food is great and, with the nice weather here, there will be plenty of animal activity to enjoy with the whole family.
- The annual Okotoks Parade and Children’s Festival takes place on June 15 and will have breakfast, parade and countless activities throughout the day for you and the family to enjoy.
Hopefully, one, or many, of these activities sounds right for you and your dad to celebrate this weekend. If you’re having trouble thinking of gift ideas, check out Sloth Records, BikeBike or The Cellar to put the cherry on top of the perfect Father’s Day.