How to decorate your home for Easter
Easter weekend is already upon us, and it’s a perfect reminder that spring is in full swing (hopefully the weather will reflect that soon). If you want to bring a taste of the season into your home for the holiday weekend, here’s some easy and cost-effective ways to decorate your home for Easter.
- Decorate eggs: take your Easter egg game beyond traditional food colouring, you can decorate an egg with almost anything! If you’re looking for some inspiration, Country Living posted over 50 creative ideas online.
- Bring in flowers: it’s officially spring, and that means there are beautiful fresh flowers with all the colours of Easter—tulips, daisies, daffodils, etc. A bouquet of spring flowers will not only freshen your home, but bring some Easter flair inside as well.
- Easter tree: tree decorating isn’t just a Christmas tradition, the Easter tree is actually a long-running Scandinavian tradition. You can buy ready-made Easter trees at many home decor shops, or you can make your own with a few branches or twigs in a vase, and decorate with tiny Easter ornaments or colours.
- Easter wreaths: a simple and creative way to decorate for Easter is to have an Easter wreath on your door. You can buy them at many craft or home decor stores or find tons of DIY ideas here on Pinterest.
- Get inspired by the Easter Bunny: whether it’s a creative twist on dessert or a DIY craft you can do with the whole family, we found lots of Easter Bunny-inspired decorating ideas on Pinterest.
- Bring in the pastels: if bunnies, eggs and chicks all over your house isn’t your style, you can easily bring in Easter to your home with splashes of pastel colours. Simple pastel touches in flowers, throw pillows or table decor will make a huge difference. If you’re looking for colour inspiration, we found some great Easter palettes on Pinterest.
- Decorate the table: Easter-inspired decor on your table looks festive and also takes your dinner hosting to the next level. Add splashes of pastel, or decorate with eggs. A great idea for seating signs, is to dip eggs in pastel colours, and then write the name of the person on the egg with a permanent marker. If you want some more inspiration on decorating your table for the Easter feast, here’s some great ideas we found on Houzz.
If you want more inspiring ideas for Easter decorating this weekend, here’s an endless supply on Pinterest. If you have decorated your home for Easter weekend, we’d love to see it, so share a photo with us on Twitter. Have a great Easter long weekend!