How to Get Your House Ready For Spring
Is that you spring? We don’t want to jinx it, but we’re enjoying the warmer weather and longer days so hopefully that means spring is here to stay. We’ve been cozied up in our homes all winter and we’re ready to get our homes ready for spring. We’ve put together some ideas to get you started on bringing that fresh feeling inside your house.
Clean room by room
We all want to think we do a thorough job cleaning every weekend, but we all have those rooms that get neglected over the winter. Maybe it’s the spare bedroom, the pantry cupboards or even your office (who wants to go in there on the weekend to clean?).
Clean the outside too
Clean your BBQ grill, wash the outside windows and bring out all the patio furniture for a good hose down.
Even though we try, things just get cluttered, collected and build up around the house. When you’re going through your stuff, make four piles to make it easier: trash, give away, store, or put away.
Refresh your space
Once you’ve decluttered your home, bring in a new colour of pillows, swap out the art on the walls or replace your old rug to freshen up your space. If you want to go a step farther, paint a statement wall or add in a new piece of furniture.
Add more greenery
Start a herb garden in your kitchen or bring in a new plant to the living room. Plants are a great way to freshen up a space and bring that natural element indoors.
It’s the little things
Here are a few more things to add to the spring cleaning list that probably don’t get done very often:
• Test Batteries in your smoke + CO2 detectors
• Clean out your refrigerator and freezer – take out all the food and give the shelves, drawers and walls a good wipe
• Take the cushions off and vacuum your couch and chairs
• Wipe down the baseboards and railings
• Clean the over either using the self-clean function or manually scrub all that food grime off
• Replace your filters – HVAC system’s air filter as well as the filter in your kitchen range hood