This holiday season, Genesis is helping Calgary and Airdrie residents get into the spirit of giving, with our Genesis Gives Joy campaign, helping our communities by donating money to local charities and schools.
Our campaign is in its last couple of weeks, and how it works is simple:
When you purchase a new Genesis home between now and January 1, 2016, we will give you $5,000, a perfect gift for the holiday season. You can spruce up your new home, put some more presents under the tree or use that money for anything! But it gets even better, because in addition to your $5,000 cheque, Genesis will also give a $5,000 donation to the charity or community school of your choice.
Or if you’d prefer, you can also opt to send a $5,000 donation to any Calgary Metropolitan Area school instead. Local education will be benefiting either way, because for every like, share or retweet on social media using #GensisGivesJoy, we’ll be donating $1 to Nose Creek Elementary School in Airdrie.
So what non-profits can you be supporting with Genesis Gives Joy? Here’s the 14 amazing charities you have to choose from:
- Calgary Food Bank: the Calgary Food Bank gathers and distributes quality emergency food to those in need, and served food to over 141,000 people last year.
- Calgary Homeless Foundation: their plan is to end homelessness in Calgary, by coordinating the overall system, manages an IT system, owns housing, funds and supports non-profit agencies and conducts research.
- Calgary Urban Project Society: they are a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals and families in Calgary overcome poverty.
- Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter: they are focused on ending family violence and abuse in the lives of women, children, youth and men.
- Children’s Cottage Society of Calgary: dedicated to preventing harm and neglect to children and building strong families through support services, respite programs and crisis nurseries.
- Discovery House: since 1980, Discovery House Family Violence Prevention Society has provided shelter, hope and education to families affected by family violence.
- Distress Centre Calgary: ensuring everyone has a place to turn to in a time of crisis by providing 24 hour crisis support, professional counselling and 211 referrals – all at no cost.
- Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology: they teache people how to get safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene in their own homes, using simple, affordable technologies.
- Inn From The Cold Society: they take a holistic approach to preventing and ending homelessness in Calgary.
- KidSport Calgary: KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
- Momentum Community Economic Development: they work with all Calgarians to get out of debt and poverty.
- Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS Air Ambulance): offering time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Simon House: Simon House is one of the highest performing addiction treatment programs in North America.
- Women in Need Society of Calgary: they operate four thrift stores and six family resource centres to help vulnerable women and their families better their lives.
So what better time to buy a Genesis home? You can view all of our available homes, including quick possessions, online here. And to get those donations rolling in for Nose Creek Elementary School, start sharing online! You can follow us on Facebook or Twitter to help spread the word.
For full campaign details, restrictions and requirements, see here.