Not your first rodeo? The Calgary Stampede ups their game year-after-year, and 2017 is no exception! The 150th celebration of Canada is offering up a great year of new things to enjoy at the 10-day Calgary Stampede.
If you’re looking for a new experience down at the grounds, here’s the top 10 new things to check out this year:
- First Nations displays: head to the Sweetgrass Lodge at Indian Village and stroll through the Arts and Crafts hall where artists from Treaty 7 nations will be featuring jewelry and art available for purchase. Location and information online here.
- New Midway food: this year, 30 new mouth-watering eats have been added to the menus at Stampede Midway, including: poutine corn dog, fruit-infused grilled cheese and rolled ice cream. Full new menu online here.
- Canine stars at the Dog Bowl: head to the Dog Bowl Stadium every day or night for some amazingly entertaining dogs. From high jumping to dock-diving this show is sure to impress the whole family, details online.
- TransAlta Grandstand Show: this is a huge attraction at the Stampede, every night watch the spectacular grandstand show, hosted by Jan Arden, Young Canadians and Alberta Ballet. Details and tickets online.
- Adventure Park: race up climbing walls, challenge to axe-throwing or take on paintball. You can test your skills at the new Adventure Park, details here.
- High dive act: taking place daily, see jumping from three to 25 metres up into only three metres of water! This showcase will leave your jaw dropped, schedule and location here.
- New Bannock Booth: located in Indian Village, a new addition to Sweetgrass Lodge is a new Bannock Booth which will feature delicious and traditional First Nations food. Featuring a picnic pack you can take to enjoy along the river.
- Bell Adrenaline Ranch: located in the Corral, the show this year is Light it Up! , by the Keith Sayers team, one of today’s leaders in Motocross. Details online here.
- New music: every year, the Stampede Coca-Cola Stage brings in local and major Canada-wide musical acts, and this year is no exception. Check out the full lineup of who’s making their way to the Coca-Cola Stage this year.
- Indian Village Interpretive Program: visitors are invited to watch and participate in daily dance performances, traditional Pow Wow drumming and a variety of traditional performances and competitions. Details online.
We hope you enjoy the 2017 Calgary Stampede—yahoo!