June is ‘National Camping Month’, and this month also marks the start of summer, so there’s plenty of reasons to break out the tent or RV and get the family close to nature.
In Calgary, we are lucky to have so many great camping options right in our city or within close range to Calgary. Here’s some great places to camp in and around Calgary:
- Calgary West Campground: located right within the city limits, with WinSport at your step, you can enjoy camping right close to home. Over 300 sites, electrical hookup and free wifi, more information here.
- Tunnel Mountain campground: located in Banff National Park (which has free entry this year for Canada 150), this campground offers camping for tents or RVs, free firewood and nightly theatre shows. More information online.
- Beaver Flats campground: located within an hour of Calgary in K-country, this campground is located alongside a river and offers scenic camping. More information online.
- Aspen Crossing: located in the small hamlet of Mossleigh, is this historic train-themed town just south of the city. You’ll have plenty to do here, and enjoy the campground as well. More information online.
- Mountain View Calgary campground: just three kilometres from Calgary to the west, is this campground, close to Calaway Park and lots of city attractions. More information online.
- Calaway Park campground: take in this family attraction and enjoy the camping experience all without leaving the city. This campground features 104 tent and RV sites with access to showers, laundry and wifi. More information online.
Looking for some additional camping options a little further than the ones we’ve mentioned above? Tourism Calgary has a great list of top-rated campgrounds located within an hour or two from our city. Enjoy Canada 150 and ‘National Camping Month’!