This Sunday marks Mother’s Day, a chance to celebrate all the moms in your life, and Calgary (and surrounding area) has many family-friendly ways to do so. If you’re looking for a way to spend time with your mother this weekend, here’s your guide to celebrating Mother’s Day in Calgary:
- Annual Mother’s Day Festival: head to Olympic Plaza (228 8 Avenue SE) this Sunday for an all-day (10am to 8pm) free festival, with plenty to do with the whole family.
- Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk, Ride: this is a huge annual fundraising walk happening this Sunday, and you can participate as a walker, runner, cyclist, spectator or volunteer. More information to register online.
- Mother’s Day brunch at The Zoo: this Sunday, take a stroll through the Zoo then experience the custom brunch menu. Prices vary on age, see link for details.
- Mother’s Day brunch at Deane House: dine in one of Calgary’s most historic homes, Deane House (806 – 9 Avenue SE), the brunch menu is being served all weekend, reservations are required and you can book online.
- Mother’s Day brunch at Fort Calgary: this Sunday, dine in historic grounds at Fort Calgary (750 – 9 Avenue SE) and try the special Mother’s Day menu. Prices vary upon age, see the link for details.
- Brunch and a tour of Calgary Farmer’s Market: enjoy a Sunday Mother’s Day brunch, coupled with a learning tour of the Calgary Farmer’s Market (510 – 77 Street SE). Tickets available online at the link.
- Mother’s Day brunch at The Nash: this award-winning restaurant in Inglewood (925 – 11 Street SE), check out the menu online, prices vary.
- Sunday brunch at Stage West: enjoy Sunday brunch over a performance of ‘Rock of Ages’ at Stage West (727 – 42 Avenue SE).
- Mother’s Day brunch and painting: head to Vin Gogh (7004 Macleod Trail S) on Sunday for brunch and a painting class, starts at 10am, details online.
- Model Home Grand Opening in Sage Meadows: we are hosting a grand opening celebration this Saturday from 1 to 5pm, for our model home opening in Sage Meadows (38 Sage Meadows Park NW). Food trucks, CJAY 92, balloon artists, face painters and more!
Aside from special events happening this Sunday for Mother’s Day, there’s a huge list of restaurants all over the city that are offering a Sunday brunch option this weekend. This article from Avenue Magazine offers a guide to Mother’s Day brunches in Calgary. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!