Where to dine for Valentine’s Day
Is there anything more romantic than a Valentine’s Day dinner out with that special someone? Split a bottle of wine, share a few entrees and sample a dessert with your partner for the ultimate date night. Valentine’s Day in Calgary is the perfect occasion to dress your best and treat your spouse, your best friend or yourself to a good time. Here are just a few Calgary restaurants with new menus and special offers that you’re going to want to check out this February 14:
- Cucina Market Bistro. Cucina has their a la carte menu to peruse with some additional Valentine’s specials to share. They may not give away much online, but Cucina builds its meals from simple ingredients, strong flavours and elegant presentation.
- Modern Steak. Browse the delicately prepared Valentine’s Day options for a four-course meal priced at $89/person. Choose from ribeye, striploin, smoked duck breast and striped bass for your main at Modern Steak.
- Calcutta Cricket Club. Where luxurious dining meets eclectic Indian fare, the Calcutta Cricket Club is practically giving away their romantic four-course Indian feast for only $65/person.
- Model Milk. Although they have not yet released their Valentine’s Day specials, it has been a tradition for Model Milk to feature unique dishes on February 14. Already well-known for their small plates, fried chicken and BBQ brisket, we know that you’ll love whatever they whip up on Valentine’s Day.
- Elbow Room. This classy establishment is celebrating the romantic holidays with wagyu beef, bone-in ribeye and a delicious mix of desserts, including chocolate torte, peanut butter lollipops and French macarons – yum! Choose from a five-item menu to share with your date.
- Yellow Door Bistro. Valentine’s Day comes in a four-course meal at Yellow Door Bistro. You can look forward to smoked scallops with foie gras terrine and prime Alberta beef loin with optional wine pairings – delish!
- Deane House: Come Valentine’s Day, the Deane House is launching their first Natural Winemaker’s Dinner. Enjoy sips of countless wines alongside juice bites. The plentiful five-course meal with wine pairings comes to $150/person.
- Teatro. Modern, contemporary Italian fare is just a reservation away at Teatro. They will be offering two different dinner menus – a four-course meal for $70/person and a seven-course meal for $125/person.
- Cilantro. Get ready for a five-course Valentine’s dinner at Cilantro. Tickets are available for every half-hour between 5pm – 9pm, each accompanied with complimentary glass of sparkling wine.
If there’s ever been a day to splurge, it’s Valentine’s Day. Make February 14 the most romantic day of the year for you and your sweetheart. For many couples, making a reservation at their favourite Calgary restaurant is a tradition. Find the most enticing meal for you and your date and be sure to make your reservation before it’s too late!