Where to snag free breakfast during Stampede
Time to dust off your cowboy hat, dig out your boots and head on down to the Calgary Stampede! Heading to the grounds means hours of rides, games, food and, of course, the rodeo. All this can get pretty expensive and you’ll definitely need to fuel your body with a good breakfast beforehand to ensure that you can enjoy your day to the fullest. Check out this list for all the best places to get your traditional free Stampede pancake breakfast to make the most out of your Stampede 2019:
- On July 4, head over to Village Square from 8:30-10: 30 am for an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast along with fun activities for everyone. This all takes place at 2520 52 St NE.
- Scan Centre will be hosting their pancake breakfast on July 6 starting at 8:30 am. Get ready for pancakes, sausages, orange juice, coffee – the works. Between 9-11am, they will be hosting highland square dancers so that you can be treated to breakfast and a show. Find the festivities at 739 20 Ave NW.
- If you’re worried about missing out on pancake breakfasts because you’re vegan, don’t fret. The Calgary Vegan Pancake Breakfast is taking place at 917 Centre St NE on July 6. All they ask is for you to bring your own reusable plate and cutlery to help reduce the event’s eco-footprint. If you are unable to, they will have compostable options so everyone can take part.
- 70 Sage Hill Plaza NW will be hosting their own unique take on a pancake breakfast this year by having root beer floats and ensuring that the entire event is 100 per cent waste-free on July 6.
- The 30th annual Bowness Stampede Breakfast and Parade will be starting at 7:00 am on July 6. The parade kicks off at the Shouldice bridge at 9 am and ends at the Bowness Community Centre.
- The 23rd annual Ismaili Muslim Community Stampede Breakfast will be happening at 7:45 am on July 6. They will have pancakes and cuisine from coastal East Africa for you to try out. Get ready for dancing, games and a sneak peek at the Ismaili Community’s entry into the Stampede Parade.
- The Westview Baptist Church will be hosting their breakfast on July 7 at 1313 Ranchlands Way NW starting at 9 am.
- On July 7, SACA will be hosting their 21st annual breakfast at 8825 Scurfield Dr NW from 9am-12pm.
- From 9am-11am on July 8, there will be a breakfast at North Hill Shopping Centre.
- On July 10, head down to Country Hills Nissan for breakfast starting at 8:30 am. They’ll have pancakes, sausages, face painting and more.
- On July 12, head to 2500 48 Ave NE for Spolumbo’s sausage, pancakes, Starbucks and juice. You’ll be entered into the WestJet Gift of Flight raffle and can meet chuckwagon driver, Dustin Gorst.
If you plan it right, you could be having a free breakfast almost every day during Stampede. So, head down to these breakfasts and take advantage of your local community’s hospitality this Stampede season.