Your guide to Canada Day in Calgary
With Canada Day just around the corner, it’s time to start making your plans to celebrate our country’s birthday in the best way you can. Calgary is a great city to be in during the annual festivities because our diverse population celebrates in many different ways. Our city has everything from amusement parks and live music to street fairs and tasty treats to keep you entertained. Here are some great ideas to celebrate Canada Day this year before the fireworks kick off:
- Canada Day at Calaway Park takes place from 10am-7pm on July 1st. Enjoy a day filled with roller coaster rides, midway games, buttery popcorn and surprise giveaways.
- The Bounce Games Park in East Village will have outdoor games, basketball, artwork and so much more along the Bow River. The festivities will take place from 10am-5pm.
- While you’re in East Village, check out the street fair with vendors, food trucks, live music and dancing. As if that’s not enough, there will also be face painters, balloon artists and a dog park nearby.
- Venture over to the Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre and take in amazing talent, food and educational activities from different cultures across the globe.
- Fort Calgary will be hosting a party featuring Indigenous learning spaces, mountie uniforms to try on, food trucks, arts and crafts as well as the NWMP Brass Band.
- CRAFT Beer Market will have their annual Canada Day Beer Fest from 1-4pm. For just $20, you will receive full happy hour access to over 15 breweries to sample. Your ticket comes with 20 three-ounce beer samples. Partial proceeds will go to The Ride to Conquer Cancer.
- Studio Bell will have free admission from 10am-5pm on Canada Day. With five floors of exhibits, live music, duelling pianos and some hands-on play and exploration, fill your day with musical education.
- What better way to celebrate the history of Canada than going back in time at Heritage Park. Gates open at 10 am and everyone in before 10:30 am will get a free pancake breakfast. After you’re done eating, take in a historical parade, mini horse racing, games, music and, as always, more food.
- Eau Claire is hosting an artisan market, food trucks, music, dancing, crafts and family entertainment from 11am-9pm. To top it off, there will be free ice cream while supplies last!
With so much to do in such little time, pick your favourites and head out for the day. If nothing here really grabs your attention, check out the list of Canadian approved patios here. With events geared towards adults, children and families, our city’s fantastic Canada Day celebrations will have you out enjoying the summer sun from sunrise to the brilliant fireworks display in the evening.