Your guide to the Airdrie Farmer’s Market
By now, the Airdrie Farmer’s Market is in full swing. This year, the market runs every Wednesday from 3:30-7:00 pm from June 5 – October 9 at the Plainsmen Arena. With dozens of vendors signed up for the 2019 season, you should be able to find an abundance of fresh fruit and homegrown goods to keep you and your family satisfied all week long.
The Airdrie Farmer’s Market cycles through more than 150 vendors over the course of a year, each with their own specialty. Here are a few of the full-time vendors you can expect to see this year:
- River Rock Fudge
- Pinched by Hand Perogies
- Branch & West Floral
- Dietz Meats
- Tim’s Pizza
- Airdrie Puppy Pals
The part time vendors bring their own skills to the table:
- Baked from the Heart Gluten-Free
- Bath Bumz
- Modern Witches Trading
- A Fine Balance Catering
- 1984 Photography
As you can see in only a small list of vendors, there is a wide variety of places to visit for practically anything you’ll need. Check out the Airdrie Farmer’s Market website for a full list of this year’s vendors.
If you’re looking for a night off from the kitchen or perhaps your home is sweltering in this summer heat, there will be food trucks on-site ready to serve you tasty treats. The fabulous line-up this year features:
- Soul Kitchen
- Happy Fish
- Waffles & Chix
- Little Truck on the Prairie
- Damit Amit
After hearing all that, we’re sure you’re ready to head down to the market already, so here are a few frequently asked questions answered before you go:
- Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, no. Due to being an open food market, there is a strict no pet policy.
- Are there ATMs?
- Of course – no cash, no problem. The machine is located in the far southwest corner.
- How do I know if they’re open?
- From June 5 – October 9, the Airdrie Farmers’ Market will be open rain or shine every Wednesday. There are many moving pieces to running this event and it isn’t safe or efficient to have people wandering the grounds before 3:30pm.
- How can I be a vendor?
- Send an email to email@example.com a product list, name of your business and whether you want to be a full- or part-time vendor. The cost of a stall is $35/day and there is no minimum number of days required. Maximum one business per stall.
With all that said, you should be ready to head on down to the Airdrie Farmer’s Market and take advantage of everything it has to offer. Grab some fresh produce for the week, a snack from the food truck and we’ll see you back here the following week for a top up.