Your guide to Valentine’s Day in Calgary
Valentine’s Day in Calgary marks one of the most romantic days of the year. It’s the perfect excuse to celebrate with a bite to eat, a night out on the town or exchange thoughtful gifts with that special someone. There is no shortage of locations in Calgary to enjoy a candle-lit dinner or romantic night away from home. If you’re looking for new ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, here are a few of our top suggestions:
Valentine’s Day at the Spa
If you’re looking for a relaxing day, Calgary has some amazing spas to consider. The Peel Salon and Spa, RnR Wellness, Spa Ritual and Stillwater Spa are all local and ready to help you and your date relax all day long. If you’re thinking about getting away from the city, check out the Banff Hot Springs or the new outdoor Nordic Spa in Kananaskis.
Shopping for a Romantic gift
If you haven’t gotten your loved one a present yet, browse the 17thAvenue’s shopping district, Blooms on 9thavenue, the CORE downtown, Stephen Avenue or Bernard Callebaut for that special something.
Romance with a Candle-lit Dinner
There are countless bars and restaurants in Calgary hosting Valentine’s Day events and specials perfect for you and your date to enjoy. Make a reservation to ensure you get the most romantic table in the house at one of these trendy spots:
- Mohave Grill
- Ox Bow
- Raw Bar
- Rodney’s Oyster House
- Yellow Door Bistro
- Deane House
- Vendome Café
- Alforno Bakery & Café
- Bread and Circus
- Bridgette Bar
- The Lake House
- Selkirk Grille
Dating on Valentine’s Day
Perhaps you’re single this Valentine’s Day and you’re ready to meet someone new. Before checking your Tinder, you may be surprised by what you find right here in Calgary at these local events:
- Lifts of Love at Norquay on February 9
- Speed Dating Calgary event on February 13
- Dashing Date Speed Dating on February 13 & 14 for varying age groups
If you’ve already found your date for the night, try some of these local activities on and leading up to Valentine’s Day:
- Go skating at Olympic Plaza.
- Buy a ticket to the Calgary Jazz Orchestra’s ‘Art of Romance, Art of Soul 2019’ on February 10.
- Enjoy ‘Dinner & A Movie: Roman Holiday’ at Heritage Park on February 12.
- Attend ‘Adults Only Night: Love & Sex’ at TELUS Spark.
- Catch Aziz Anzari’s ‘Road to Nowhere’ comedy show.
- Take a wine & paint night at Truvé Wines.
- Buy a ticket to ‘Rush Hour: Romance’ with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Visit the Calgary Zoo and attend their ‘In the Heat of the Night’ event.
- Attend the ‘Glow: Downtown Winter Lights Festival.’
However you choose to spend a romantic day with your loved one this February, make it count. Happy Valentine’s Day Calgary!