5 Curb Appeal Quick Fixes for Homeowners
Have you been thinking of selling your home? Perhaps you’ve invested wisely in your interior, but it’s the first impression that matters most. A home buyer must be instantly hooked in the first few seconds. The home builders in Calgary may have done a great job, but it’s up to you to create an irresistible exterior.
Curb appeal does have to be complicated or expensive. Whether you’re on a tight budget or don’t have much free time, these quick fixes can boost your home’s curb appeal in no time.
- Door Improvements: You don’t necessarily need a new front door unless it is worn beyond repair. Often, a new coat of paint will do the trick. Black or charcoal can work, but you might also want to pick red, yellow, or another bold color. Painting is affordable, too. You might spend $25 on a new gallon of paint, according to HGTV.1 A shiny new house number can also boost curb appeal; it might draw interest among clients of realtors who show homes in Cochrane, Calgary or Airdrie.
- Energy-Efficient LED Lighting: Adding new lighting is an easy way to enhance curb appeal. With LED or solar-powered lighting, you can save energy, but the accents it provides for your architecture, driveway, or pathway add a bit of value too. Also, replace any bulbs that are not working. It doesn’t hurt to be creative, either. There are many ways to accent the façade. You can even add multiple layers of lighting.
- Clean Off the Dirt: Buyers are always looking for a clean, fresh-looking home. It doesn’t take much to wash away dirt, leaves, or debris. A blast from the garden hose can give your driveway, sidewalks, and front façade and windows a good cleaning. Just be careful with using a power washer. The flow may be too strong and cause damage, and the extra cost may be unnecessary. You really don’t have to spend anything, except for the cost of water.
- Add/Care for Plants: Almost everyone loves plants. Don’t be afraid to add some flower pots to the entrance and groom your garden beds; new condo builders in Calgary might not have covered this part. You can start by using some mulch, which helps the landscape look fresh and nourishes your plants. Plant colorful annual flowers and trim trees and bushes around your home, which instantly opens up and frames the view of your house. Minor trimmings can be accomplished with hedge or pruning shears.
- Clear Your Driveway: No one wants to see garbage cans and containers strewn about your driveway. Move these to the side of your house or into the garage, and patch or seal any cracks in the pavement. If possible, park your car on the street. It’s best to have the driveway look neat and open. The same goes for pathways. Clear debris and weeds or add defining natural elements such as stones, rocks, and plants.
If you’ve purchased a home, it’s your job to keep it looking nice. After all, it represents a lot to your family and has a major impact on your financial future. Whether looking for houses for sale in SW Calgary or the Redstone community or to sell your home, contact Genesis Builders Group today.