Easy ways to decorate your home for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day arrives early next week, and in preparation for the day of love, here’s how you can easily add a touch of V-Day to your home.
- Use the colours: an easy way to transform a room into a Valentine’s Day space, is to simply incorporate the colours: pinks, reds and purples. Adding pink elements around will instantly give the look of love.
- Incorporate hearts: this one is easy, but add hearts anywhere and everywhere, the possibilities are endless. Get creative with some DIY ideas, or take advantage of the abundance of heart-shaped decor being featured in stores this time of year. Here’s some heart-shaped DIY projects you can tackle over the weekend.
- Get the table ready: if you’re having a V-Day party or just want to get festive for the family, there’s a lot you can do just with your table. Personalized place settings, heart-shaped centrepieces or pink and red accents—here’s lots of table setting inspiration on Pinterest.
- Printable quotes: a subtle way to bring Valentine’s Day home is to print off quotes on love and place them in various places around your home, get more creative with personalized frames too. Here’s a collection of free printables with love quotes on them.
- Use candy: yes, candy and chocolate come to mind when we think of Valentine’s Day, but they can make for easy decor ideas too. Fill a vase with candy hearts or get creative with candy bouquets. We found lots of Valentine’s Day decorating ideas using candy.
- Cut-outs and garland: this is an easy DIY decor idea that just requires coloured paper—heart garland or heart cut-outs. Need some ideas? Here’s some motivation from Pinterest.
- Have fun with you food: bring a little love to your food on Valentine’s Day, whether it’s a heart-shaped surprise in someone’s lunch or a themed dinner. This is an easy way to take a party or any gathering to the next level, here’s some recipes and other ideas.
Now that you’ve got the home decor portion of Valentine’s Day covered, how will you celebrate? Here’s over 50 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Calgary.