The City of Airdrie is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada. Located just 10 minutes north of Calgary, Airdrie offers a variety of housing options available in both new and established neighbourhoods, and people are discovering that Airdrie offers a small town lifestyle with big city amenities.
Whether you already call Airdrie home, or want to know about the benefits to living here, here’s just some of the reasons Airdrie is a great place to raise a family.
There’s a real sense of community in Airdrie, people know their neighbours, and there are lots of community-centred events and festivals throughout the year to get residents together as well. Some of our favourite community initiatives and events include:
- AirdrieFEST: Every year, this event allows community groups and non-profits to showcase their services and products, as well as offering free family-friendly entertainment and fun. Find out more.
- Airdrie Festival of Lights: Airdrie is home to the largest outdoor Christmas light display in all of Western Canada, and if you haven’t yet seen the amazing display, it’s an absolute must for the holiday season. The festival starts on December 1st, more info here.
- Airdrie Home Show: The Airdrie Home Show is the largest lifestyle consumer event in all of Rocky View County, get inspired on all things home and living. Find out more.
Airdrie is home to 16 schools, run by Rocky View Schools. Nose Creek Elementary School serves students in kindergarten to grade four, and is located right in our community of Bayside. To find out more about Rocky View Schools in Airdrie, check out this link.
ARTS & CULTURE
Airdrie is a city rich in arts and culture, and its rural location brings with it interesting history as well. There are a number of artisan markets and businesses supporting the local art and culture in Airdrie, but here’s a couple of our recommendations:
- Bert Church Live Theatre: full of entertainment, this popular theatre features musicians and theatre groups, promoting all things local entertainment and arts. The schedule and upcoming events for the theatre can be found online here.
- ARTember: Genesis is a proud sponsor of ARTember, an annual Airdrie-based arts and culture festival. To find out more about ARTember, check out their website.
There are a number of local-based sports and fitness organizations in Airdrie, and not to mention vast parks and pathways for nature lovers to enjoy. If you want a couple of recommendations, here’s some of our favourites:
- Genesis Place: As the naming sponsor for Genesis Place, we were honoured to provide $2-million for the expansion and renovation of the state-of-the art recreation and fitness facility in Airdrie. Genesis Place offers all things recreation, so check them out online.
- Woodside Golf Course: This championship par-70 course is made up of 6,200 yards of lush, challenging landscaping, featuring 9 water hazards. This course is a popular choice for both professionals and amateurs, and is the first golf course in Alberta to be pet-friendly. Find out more about them here.
We are proud to have built homes several multi-faceted communities within Airdrie, each offering a unique living experience:
- Bayside: Filled with small town charm and all the conveniences of a big city, Bayside is great for young families, “empty nesters,” and first-time homebuyers. Find out about Bayside homes.
- Pier 11: Pier 11 offers the serenity of the country alongside the conveniences of the city. With canals running through the neighbourhood, nature is a key part of everyday life here. Find out about Pier 11 homes.
- Bayview: Bayview is the perfect place for outdoor lovers to put down roots. Homes there feature authentic architectural details that reflect a reverence for the land, while offering all the style and features your modern life demands. Find out about Bayview homes.
- Newport: Newport is located in Airdrie’s southwest community of Canals Landing, and will feature a mix of homes, ranging in size from 819 - 1373 sq.ft., and will start in the $190K. Find out about Newport homes.